Posted: October 4, 2021 at 4:56 p.m. CDT|Update: 2 hours ago
CLEVELAND, October 4, 2021 / PRNewswire / – New analysis from Freedonia Group predicts residential demand for landscaping products will grow 2.3% per year through 2025 to reach $ 7.2 billion. The main trends supporting the growth in sales of landscaping products have seen increased intensity due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- greater investment in outdoor living spaces, which can offer a comfortable and safe alternative to crowded public spaces and indoor gatherings
- greater participation in gardening, stimulating the sale of landscaping products that facilitate this activity
- increased short-term spending on home improvement, especially on higher-value, professional-grade projects as the pandemic has allowed more consumers to spend time and money on home improvement projects habitat
While some trends will continue to gain popularity, others will moderate after the pandemic. For example, professionally installed products are expected to overtake those installed by consumers until 2025, as more people resume their activities outside the home and the “do-it-for-me” movement. (DIFM) is gaining momentum.
Landscaping and outdoor lighting among the biggest beneficiaries of the DIFM rebound
Until 2025, landscaping and outdoor lighting are two areas that will experience above-average growth as the market (DIFM) rebounds. The pandemic has led many homeowners to delay important, expensive, or complicated projects. As the pandemic progressed and consumers felt more comfortable having workers in their homes, contractors found themselves inundated with orders, resulting in longer delivery times. Because landscaping and lighting can be difficult to install, professionals will benefit from consumers’ interest in outdoor spaces, especially as the DIFM trend extends through 2025.
You want to know more ?
Residential landscaping products is now available from the Freedonia Group. This study focuses on United States residential market for landscaping products. Historical data for 2010, 2015 and 2020 and forecast to 2025 and 2030 are provided for demand in current dollars (which are not adjusted for inflation) by product, end user and product type.
Consumer survey data and analysis of key industry participants including market share are also provided.
- Landscaping products: pavers, slabs and concrete planks; lumber (wood, plastic, composite); blocks (stone, concrete and glass); stone tiles, slabs and veneers (natural and manufactured); bricks; aggregates; other hard landscaping products (e.g., stone blocks; porcelain tiles, other ceramic and glass tiles; metal and plastic edging; plastic or rubber pavers; and plastic faux boulders)
- Outdoor structures (shelters; recreational greenhouses; gazebos; recreational greenhouses; gazebos and pavilions; arches, arbors, trellises and pergolas; bridges and other structures)
- Decorative landscaping products: water features (eg, fountains, ponds, waterfalls); lawn ornaments; statuary; other exterior decoration (e.g., weathervanes, garden stakes, wind chimes, observation balls)
- Pots, planters and raised beds (plastic, pottery or other materials such as concrete and fiberglass)
- Products for birds and wild animals (feeders, houses, birth baths and other products)
- Landscape lighting (solar, low voltage, mains voltage and others)
- Other landscaping products (heating products, synthetic turds, fabrics and accessories)
Type of project:
- New residential
- Renovation and repair
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industrial research company, providing our clients with product analyzes, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide businesses with unbiased and reliable market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for a personalized search: +1 440.842.2400.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE The Freedonia Group
The above press release has been provided courtesy of PRNewswire. The views, opinions and statements contained in the press release are not endorsed by Gray Media Group and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Gray Media Group, Inc.